Fees & Rebates
Sessions run for approximately 50-60 minutes.
Session fees are due on the day of your appointment.
- Business Hours (10 to 4pm) $210
- After Hours (4pm to 8pm) $235
- Public Holiday's (all day) $235
- Business Hours (10 to 4pm) $235
- After Hours (4pm to 8pm) $250
- Public Holiday's (all day) $250
Concession/A reduced fee may be considered in exceptional circumstances only.
If you have access to medicare and have collected a "Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP)" and referral letter from your GP, you will be eligible for a rebate of $88.25 per session. To ensure your eligibility, please collect your MHCP + referral letter before your appointment.
- Currently, with a MHCP you can receive up to 20 medicare rebated sessions (per calendar year).
- If you have hit your medicare safety net, your rebate will be significantly higher.
- With your permission, we submit medicare claims on your behalf. You should receive your rebate via bank transfer from medicare within 48 hours of your appointment.
- Opening Doors Psychology is not a Bulk Billing clinic.
Private Health Insurance:
If you have Private Health Insurance, you may be eligible for a Psychology rebate, dependant on your health fund and level of cover/extras entitlements.
We encourage you to first check your eligibility with your health fund.
- If eligible, we can provide you with your invoice for claiming.
Additional funding/Third Party Payments:
- Self-managed NDIS payments are accepted.
- Some Employee Assistance Program (EAP) payments are also accepted (pending prior arrangements with your workplace).
If for any reason you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you will need to provide at least 48 hours notice, otherwise, notice within 48 hours of your appointment, the full fee of the session will be charged if we’re unable to fill the appointment spot from our waitlist.
Your appointment time is reserved for you, please ensure to keep your own record of appointments. We usually have a waitlist of clients who are in need of support, and therefore require the 48 hours notice to ensure we have adequate time to contact such clients, so they do not miss out.
We accept notification of cancellations or rescheduling of appointments via phone call to the clinic or direct email to Leah. You can leave voicemails over the weekend, or when reception are unable to take your call. We do not accept SMS cancelation or rescheduling.
Non-attendance or "no showing" to appointments will also incur payment of the full session fee.
Annual reviewing of fees:
Fees are reviewed approximately every 12 months. You will be notified by your Psychologist of any fee changes.
We do our best to keep our fees below the Australian Psychological Society's recommended rate of $267 for a 50 minute consultation.